Treasure Tuesday

I decided to start a new post each week - Treasure Tuesday. In our search to be a frugal housewife or just to be a Keeper at Home, unless we decide what our true treasures are - our days will become mundane, lifeless, and just plain pointless. Have you ever gotten into the rut of feeling like your job is just not worth it? It's tedious, thankless, and sometimes it feels pointless. I've been there but then when I look around and see all of my "treasures", I realize what I do it all for. My "treasures" are not my earthly possessions, my clothes, my cars, or even my house - they consist of things far greater. So to remind myself and you as my readers what our time here on the earth is all about, I have decided to start Treasure Tuesday. Each week, I will share something I treasure. I would love for you my readers to also share something special that you treasure. Blog about it and leave a comment telling us where to read it or just leave a comment sharing your treasure. You do not have to be a writer to share your treasures - just share. I hope and pray that Treasure Tuesday will be a time of encouragement for all of my readers. There are times that we all need an encouragement or just a reminder to keep going. We need to remember where to keep our eyes. My treasures will be personal and may not always be something that you agree with or treasure yourself but we will all be different, so feel free to share.

One of my greatest treasures in life is the time that I can spend each day alone, mediating on God's Word. This is where my encouragement and the very essence of who I am comes from. I know that not all of my readers are Christians or even read the Bible, but this something that I treasure. What I learn and memorize is what keeps my thoughts going each day in the way that it should. My focus leaves self and instead centers on the One Who made me and Who has a future for me.

4 comments:

markbeechnursery said...

Its Wednesday now but thought I'd share yesyterday. I treasured tuesday because i went to sharing hour at my sons school he has just finished his first year at primary school, I treasured the oppurtunity god gave us to both be together to enjoy him proudly showing me all that he has achieved that year and how 'look mummy I can write 'b' and 'd' round the right way' and showing me his art work on the walls of his classroom, its was a special time and an hour to treasure, Thanks Rachael for reminding me x

Lynette Van said...

Rachael, I treasure YOU!! I am so thankful we are friends and you are an encouragement to me in my daily life. Many times, I will follow your little posts and be encouraged in my soul. This post especially encouraged me. I have many treasures around me also. YOU are one of them. :)

Unknown said...

I agree totally with what Lynette said. I'm so grateful I had that contest on my blog and met you. I look forward every day to chatting with you and getting to know more about you. Your friendship means a lot to me.

ashley turner said...

My treasure this week is my family! They put some money together and are sending me to Charleston for a much needed vacation. It was a wonderful and precious surprise! Thank you mom for the time you put intosending me to have some much needed R&R with my grandparents!