Treasure Tuesday - Walks with my Family

Today I treasure or am thankful for the daily walks I have the privilege of taking with my family. For the most part, it is just my children and I that take this walk but on Mondays, my husband also joins us. Gracie sets the pace and one stop is always the post office.

I can see the post office from my house but it takes us close to an hour to walk around the block to the post office! Gracie walks very slowly: jumping in puddles, crunching leaves, picking flowers (weeds), and talking to the "puppies" we see along the way. This slow process gives me the opportunity to mediate and think on all the many blessings the Lord has given me.

I will be honest, sometimes I get frustrated but I have learned to take it as a special time rather than a drudgery. I plan that hour into my day now and I just enjoy the time with my children and with the Lord.

What is your treasure today? We all have treasures, sometimes we just have to take the time to notice them.

0 comments: