Treasure Tuesday - The Hard Days



I think the hardest things to treasure are some of the most important. I have learned to treasure my hard days. The ones that seem like nothing ever seems to go right.  The ones that seem like I should go back to bed, bury my head under the covers, and come out in a year.  The ones that start off with my toddler screaming and my newborn blowing through 2 outfits in less than an hour.  The days when I get the phone calls that tell me that someone is going through a trying time and my heart is burdened for them.  The days when I know that someone has made the wrong choices and will reap the consequences of them for the rest of their life.

These are the days that I can do nothing and am nothing until I remember some important promises - 

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
(2 Corinthians 12:9)


Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
(1 Peter 5:7)

"....for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
(Nehemiah 8:10c)


With these promises I know that I can go on.  That I can be what I need to be.  That I can press on and do my best because it is not with my strength but with the Lord's that I will be what I need to be today.  I treasure knowing that He is always there and He is my strength.

Do you have a treasure today?  I love to hear them.  I have some email them to me, some leave comments, and others post on their blogs.  Anyway you share them, I would love to know about them.  Treasure today because tomorrow that treasure may no longer be there.

0 comments: