Movie Friday - UP Blu-Ray and DVD

Pixar has been a favorite of my family since they came out with Toy StoryThe Incredibles blew us away and now UP has released and now I have to say Pixar did not disappoint me.   

Movie Summary: Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios take moviegoers up, up and away on one of the funniest adventures of all time with their latest comedy-fantasy. Up follows the uplifting tale of 78-year-old balloon salesman Carl Fredricksen, who finally fulfills his lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell. Their journey to a lost world, where they encounter some strange, exotic and surprising characters, is filled with hilarity, emotion and wildly imaginative adventure.

My opinion:  Wow!  I not only loved the picture quality and the amazing animation that Pixar used in this movie but the story had me crying in just a few minutes.  The story talks of the incredible love and dedication that Carl has.  Carl is an amazing man and the character development is incredible.  I absolutely loved Russell and he reminded of a lost little boy just searching for love.  Aren't we all like?

This movie was amazing and will definitely be pulled out on Thanksgiving to share with all our family and guests.  It is tradition to pull out the newest Pixar movie for a Thanksgiving viewing so I am thrilled that UP will be able to fill this new tradition.

If you have seen UP yet, I most highly recommend watching this movie.  It is perfect for every member of the family.  There are a few highly climatic parts so if you have young ones they might not like a few scenes with the dogs.  This movie really touched a soft spot in my heart and I think every viewer will love it!

You can purchase UP on Blu-Ray and DVD at Amazon.com right now for just $19.99!  This is a phenomenal deal as this set is normally $45.99!

0 comments: