I don't make a New Years' Resolution. 25% of people who do don't even make it past the first week! I know that is hard to swallow but it's true because often times resolutions are difficult to follow. There are no set goals on how to meet that resolution and only 46% people that make a resolution are even confident that they can follow through! Only 12% of people actually make their goal by the end of the year due to frustrations and lack of motivation.
All these statistics can be disappointing and discouraging when you read them. This can make you not want to make a resolution but why not make a list of goals? Every year, I make a list of goals that I want to accomplish that year. I ask the Lord to show me what I need my priorities to be that year and for His strength to meet to them. My goals are personal, spiritual, and even professional. Here are a few of my goals for this year:
1. To make the Lord and my family #1. As much as I enjoy blogging and sharing things with my readers, the computer can take up an exorbitant amount of time in my life. My personal devotions and time with my Lord have always been of the utmost important and they will continue to be so. My goal is limit the computer much more than I already have and I will be putting into practice what another blogger suggested - parental controls. This will only allow me to be on the computer at certain times of the day - in the early mornings and during naptime. I will have to prioritize my time wisely when on the computer but it will also help me to be more in 2010 than I have ever been.
2. Allot time in my day to do one on one activities with my daughter. Gracie is two now and I would like to spend an hour a day teaching her important lessons - like her shapes, numbers, the alphabet, and even craft activities. I want her to know that she is important to mommy and I value time spent with her.
3. Schedule a date night with my husband once a month. It just hit my husband and I that we haven't had a date since Gabriel was born! Life has been busy but as a couple we need that one on one time to communicate, relax, and grow closer as a couple.
1. Move to Wordpress and change the look and feel of Money Saving Tips for a Keeper at Home. I will be running a competition to find the best web designer to move me and to update my blog. I will be hiring them but because I want the "wow" factor, I will be giving away a $1,000 advertising package to the person that I hire. I am excited about this move because I believe my blog will be easier to read, find, and enjoy.
2. Incorporate my readers into my site. I am going to be taking blog submissions and articles from my readers this year. You will not have to have a blog to write but just the desire to share. I love my readers and want to hear your thoughts and opinions. I get tired of listening to me. :-)
3. Inspire people to comment. Comments are a big thing to a blogger because it says "I'm doing something right and my readers like what they are reading." This year, I would like to write so well that you are inspired to comment back. :-)
4. I'm expanding! I will continue with the Keeper at Home's Holiday Gift Guide and it will be a place that you can find gift ideas for every holiday. It will be changing very soon to reflect Valentine's Day.
I am also adding a new blog - A+ Family Fun! I am so excited about this addition as it will house my reviews for movies, games, vacation ideas, books, and all things family fun related. Every item will have a rating from A - F so that parents will know the great items out there and the not so great items out there for their families. I will have a panel of people working with me so that it can be a well-rounded site.
I am adding some new team members! I am waiting for their introductions so that I can share them with you all. They are some great people who I am thrilled to add to my team!
Right now, these are the goals I am sharing. The Lord laid many on my heart this year and I will be striving to do my best to put them into practice.
Do you have special goals this year? Did you make a New Year's Resolution? Want to share? You can leave me a comment or even link up if you posted it on your blog!