The Sleep Lady’s Good Night, Sleep Tight Book


This week as I focus on sleep training and working with your baby's sleep or lack thereof, I am referring a lot to The Sleep Lady's Good Night, Sleep Tight book. I was asked just recently to review it and it has become an invaluable resource for me.

The book claims to give parents "gentle proven solutions to help your child sleep well and wake up happy." Kim West walks you through sleep methods, routines, and habits that children birth to age 5 have. It covers real life stories and sleep tips that help parents in their journey towards a good night's sleep for both their child and themselves.

My opinion is that this book does more than it claims – it is invaluable! I thought I was doing so many things right and I was but I was also doing so many things right. There were times I was really frustrated with the sleep issues we encountered and I love how matter of fact Kim's advice is. Her answers are practical, down to earth, and easy to follow. I love the routines and schedules that she suggests for children and how to implement those changes.

I have used Kim West's book to completely rid Gracie of the sippy cup and her only sleep crutch now is her stuff dog name "pup-pup". Kim says that the puppy or any type of "lovie" (stuffed animal or blanket) is okay things to have. It's the bottles, sippy cups, and pacifiers that can really become the issue. With infants, pacifiers are okay but she teaches you how to phase out these items and not allow them to become a crutch or bad habit that you will have to later break.

As a parent, I couldn't suggest a better book. Kim covers issues like reflux, sleeping with siblings, nightmares, sleepwalking, and many other issues. If you struggle at all with your child's sleeping, I highly recommend The Sleep Lady's Good Night, Sleep Tight book.

You can also get some great tips from The Sleep Lady online.

Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this product. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the The Sleep Lady was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review. 

1 comments:

AKLawton said...

Appreciate the info on good sleep habits. I have been sleep deprived for a year and find I am too old to function that way. We are working on turning Evan into a better sleeper and appreciate any tips we can find to help.