Beef and Broccoli Rice Recipe


I love cooking and sharing new recipes with others so when I heard of Surviving the Store's new meme - Meals with my Deals; I knew I wanted to be a part.   It is not official starting until the 25th but I have so many recipes that I am started today.  :-)

One of my family's favorite dinner meals is Beef and Broccoli.  It is kind of like our Chinese restaurant at home!  It takes only about 30 minutes to cook and if you catch all your items on sale - you can make it very inexpensively.  We have made it with broccoli that we found for free at Target and with Sutton & Dodge meat that I only paid $.14 for!  A meal for less than $2 for the whole family - thanks to coupons!


Beef and Broccoli

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/2 cup water, plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb boneless round or chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
4 cups broccoli florets
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
4 c. rice, cooked


In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth. Add beef and toss.


In a large skillet over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm. 


Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.


 Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Libby's Library said...

ON My Gosh - This looks soooooooooo wonderful. Now I'm starving, and don't have all of the ingredients:-(

sharonjo said...

Wow--that looks good!! Thanks for sharing!