World Breastfeeding Awareness Week - August 1 - 7, 2009

This week is World Breastfeeding Awareness Week and I wanted to let you, my readers, know about it. I have some great products that I will be sharing with you but because I did not find out about this week until right before it started, I'm going to share my reviews in September during my Baby Celebration.

This week is neat to me though because this is just my second week of breastfeeding my brand new son and while I breastfed my daughter, it was not easy and while I thought that this time would be a lot easier, I am finding that I am running into some of the same problems that I had with my daughter. I love the support that I am finding this week and wanted to share it with you.

Maybe you are a new mom, expecting mom, a well-established breastfeeding mom, or a mom who is completely done with all of this. I'm sure the stories and the help can still benefit you or you know someone who could use the help. The support of breastfeeding moms is invaluable because it is the best thing your baby can have but without the support many moms fail and think they are a failure. The goal this week is help booster your confidence and to help you see where you might need to improve to make your life a little easier.

Dittany Baby, a wonderful baby store, is talking about her experience with breastfeeding and is also giving away some great products that will help in your journey through breastfeeding. You can find Dittany Baby's blog here. I found her articles to be insightful and a great help and relief to me.

Another site I found extremely helpful was My Baby Experts. Shari Crisco has some great short videos on her site to help you know what you as a nursing mother really need to support you during breastfeeding. She is insightful but also tactful as she explains the best things on the market for moms today. I have also heard that she has a great DVD called "Simply Breastfeeding: The Crisco Breastfeeding Method", which you can purchase for more invaluable help.

The last site that I am going to recommend is Makes Mom Happy. Makes Mom Happy is a blog that concentrates on reviews and giveaways. Normally I would not even mention a site like this but this week she has some great giveaways going on that can support you as a breastfeeding mom. (I will mention to those of you that are trying to shield your children's eyes, there is a post on there about Nummies Bras that does show women in their underwear so you may want to be aware of this before you read that post.)

I hope that this helps some of my readers out there. Be sure to watch in September for my own Breastfeeding Awareness Week. I have some great products to share and giveaway.

0 comments: