Movie Tuesday - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs



I remember when Ice Age first came out. I was unmarried at the time and still living with my parents. My dad loves good cartoons and once he has picked a favorite, he watches it at least 10 times. Well, Ice Age became that very much watched and loved movie. Then the second one was released and the little boy that I was a nanny for watched it over and over again. When I received the opportunity to review Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, I couldn’t resist. I had the seen the others more times than I can count so why not add this one to my viewing pleasure.

As all the others in the past, the movie starts off with our trusty friend, Scrat the Squirrel, chasing after his prize possession – the yummy looking nut. He meets with his normal calamities, which are always spiced with humor and I, of course, always feel bad for him because that nut always escapes the poor fellow.

Manny, Sid, Diego and Ellie are all back in this fun adventure. Many and Ellie are expecting their first baby mammoth and beginning to really become a family. Diego is all mixed up and really does not feel like he belongs anywhere so decides to leave the pack. Sid is Sid ever into trouble and this time he does it big time when he kidnaps some dinosaur eggs. This movie is filled with comedy and is hilarious as the animals try their hardest to get themselves out the of trouble Sid has created.

I thought the movie was quite funny but most of the comedy was not something a child would understand. It is definitely more geared to adults than children. My major problem with Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs were the adult references. I am training my daughter to pure of thought and mind concerning the opposite sex and this movie did not encourage that mindset at all. I found that it in fact encouraged the opposite.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs can be purchased today as a Blu-ray/DVD set or as a 2 Disc DVD set. The second DVD has some incredibly funny Scrat shorts. These will really make you laugh. I think these might be almost better than the movie!

You can purchase Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs at Amazon.com or your local store.

0 comments: