Green Christmas Present #1: TruKid - All Natural Skin Care



My daughter is 100% toddler - 95% sweet and 5% trouble. She is 100% cute - 85% innocent and 15% mischievous. She is 100% beautiful - mommy is just a little bias.  When I think of how much I value her personality and sweetness, I completely want the best for her.  I want to know that she cared for in the best ways so when I think of what products I use on her body, I look for something that is as close to 100% pure as possible. 


I have been looking for fun, all natural skincare products that are just as sweet and natural as she is.  Those are truly hard to find so when I found TruKid I was thrilled.  TruKid believes in the same things that I do.  Their goal "is to encourage a healthy, well rounded lifestyle. TruKid: Our product is skincare, our business is healthy living™".

Another thing I love about TruKid's skincare line is their philosophy:  "We encourage kids to form healthy habits that last a lifetime. By combining all natural skincare with fun and education, TruKid™ cultivates a relationship between healthy habits and being a kid. In turn, our goal is that kids will grow up taking care of themselves, each other and their environment. From our Friendly Face Wash™ to our Funny Foot Cream™, families receive only the best in ingredients, attention and dedication to their well being."

We had the opportunity to review samples of the entire skincare line and was greatly impressed.  I absolutely love the smell of every product except the Dancing DetanglerThe Silly Shampoo and Cool Conditioner had a very friendly kid smell and I love that the ingredients were all herbs, plants, and no chemicals!  Just reading the labels on the TruKid skincare line was very impressive.  They were ingredients I have never seen on any other skincare. 

They did bubble nicely even though that wasn't really something I was looking for.  What I was looking for was their cleanliness and purety.  Everything we tried from the Silly Shampoo to the Hero Stick were great!  The Dancing Detangler really did help with Gracie's hair and while I am not keen on the smell, I will be ordering more. 

The Hero Stick is a neat product in that you use it on "boo-boos".  We all know little ones get those a lot so I now carry this all important stick in my first aid kit.  This stick helps with burns, bites, and other skin irritating "boo-boos".  I love it because as soon as I pull it out, Gracie is thrilled.  She no longer has an owie - she knows that this will make it all better. 

When purchasing all natural and organic skincare products, I expect to pay a little bit more for them.  I found that all of the TruKid products were very inexpensively priced at $8.99 a piece.  We received very small sample containers - I think they contain 1 oz and I was shocked at how far these can go!  A lot further than your average soap and cleaning products!  It was 3 weeks ago that I received these samples and I have used them everyday on Gracie and she still has some left! 

We will definitely be purchasing more in the future and if you are searching for a great all natural, organic skincare line for your child, I would highly recommend TruKid!  These would also make fantastic holiday gifts as not only are the practical and fun but they are all linked to a great website just for kids.  They have great songs, rhymes, healthy habits, and other fun things to do

To purchase the TruKid skincare line, head here to check out their online store

Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of TruKid Skincare products. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from TruKid was involved in the writing of this post.

0 comments: