Holiday Recipe #1 - Mantecaditos

This recipe came from Erin over at The Mom Buzz. Her blog is an unique site where she "buzzes about the latest trends for mommies". I love reading her reviews and her quirky personality shines through many of her posts. (You can see her personality come out in this recipe alone! She cracks me up!) She sent me this recipe because it is one that she has to make for Christmas or her sister is mad.  It is a Puerto Rican Shortbread recipe; So enjoy and be sure to visit The Mom Buzz next time you need to know the latest cool things for mommies or just need a pick me up.




Mantecaditos

1/4 pound butter (oh – you know this is going to be yummy now!)

1/2 cup vegetable shortening (vegetable – that’s healthy, right?)

1 tsp almond extract (the health benefits of extract of nut)

5 cherries (see, we have fruit)

2 1/4 cup of flour (to hold it all together)

1/2 cup sugar (ummmm… okay, who am I fooling. This is a cookie, people!)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Cream the butter and shortening

3. Blend sugar, almond extract and flour

4. Scoop spoonfuls and shape dough into balls

5. Push down on ball to flatten SLIGHTLY and form a small indentation on the top of the cookie

6. Cut cherries in eight pieces each, and put a cherry piece on top of the cookie ball. You can replace cherries for sprinkles.

7. Bake 20 minutes!

EAT EAT EAT! So soft, buttery and absolutely delicious! And pretty too!

1 comments:

erin said...

Oh! I am famous! Thank you so much for putting the recipe on your blog. I swear I was eating rumballs when I wrote this out! I sound insane! LMAO!

I hope everyone tries them. I'll try to take pictures this year, which will be belated but then you'll see how pretty they really are. And they melt in your mouth. Yum Yum Yum!