Winner - #188 - Michael and Kristin
If this has happened to you, you know what I am talking about. There is a huge dread and an almost pain that strikes your heart when you discover that you will never get your pictures or important documents back. Unfortunately we had bought a laptop that had a faulty graphics card which not only caused the laptop to run hot but to quickly burn up fan motors. I have had this computer for just two years now and have gone through 3 fan motors.
external hard drive. These things are wonderful because if your computer does crash, your entire computer can be saved. We had an external hard drive that I use constantly but it was big and bulky and not easily transportable.
Having something that goes with me everywhere is so important. I take tons of pictures with my digital SLR and I want those saved as soon as I download them off my computer. I do not want to risk losing those precious pictures of my son or daughter. I will be traveling a lot more this coming year starting in February so I am thrilled that I can take my Seagate Free Agent Go with me.
When I first received my Seagate Free Agent Go, I was impressed with how small it is. It fits in the palm of my hand and is just a little larger than my iPod touch. This really impressed me because it is the perfect size to fit in my laptop case and not take up any space or add extra weight to my bag.
I am in awe and wonder that something this small can hold up to 1 TB in capacity! The one I am reviewing is a 640 GB and my entire computer is backed up on it and I still have 478 GB left to use for storage. Since each one of my pictures saves at 3 MB and can quickly drain my computer's storage space - this is such a nice option to have to store them.
1. Small and sleek - it really is beautiful. I love the other colors that this comes in too.
2. Easy to install - there are no disks and it only took 3 minutes to have it installed and backing up my computer.
3. Backs up fast - my entire computer was backed up in less than five minutes and it didn't slow down the other work that I was doing.
4. Can set it to back up automatically. My husband did this for me so it will daily back up whatever I have failed to back up. I have this tendency to forget it to do that so this makes my life so much easier!
5. I can take this anywhere and to any computer to access my files. This is so important for me because sometimes bringing my big bulky laptop is not the easiest and all I want are the pictures. I can take this to my mom's house, set up her computer and quickly give her the newest pictures I took of Gabriel.
6. The drive powers down when no longer in use. This is such a nice option because it does not use extra energy when you are not using it. Did I mention that I forget to unplug and turn things off?
This was hard because really this little drive is so straight forward and easy to use that there isn't much that you can change. I think I would like to see a way for it to be wireless. I do not even know if this possible on a hard drive but it does take up an extra USB and my laptop only has two functioning ones so if this is plugged in, I either have to unplug my cooling pad or just not use anything else. There are extra USBs on the GoDock so that I might something that I need to invest in.
This is an excellent hard drive and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that needs their computer backed up. I will never leave home without mine again! You can purchase it at their online store.S
Seagate has generously offered to give one of my readers their own 640 GB FreeAgent Go! (ARV $159)
1. Head over to Seagate and tell me your favorite product. This is found on the right hand side column. Come back and leave me a comment letting me know you did so.
2. Subscribe to Seagate's RSS feed. Come back and leave me a comment letting me know you did so. This will be verified.
3. Become a follower of this blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you follow. This will be verified.
4. Subscribe to this blog by email. Leave me a comment letting me know you did so. This will be verified.
5. Follow me and Seagate on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Please leave a comment with your twitter name letting me know you did so.
7. Become a fan of Money Saving Tips for a Keeper at Home and Seagate on Facebook. Please leave a comment along with your facebook name letting me know you did so.
This giveaway ends February 11, 2010 and is open to US residents only. Make sure that you leave your email address in each comment. Leave a separate comment for every entry that you make so that these will count for you! Have fun and I look forward to announcing the winners of this great giveaway!
Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this product. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the Seagate was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review.