The Ultimate Cloth: A Frugal Solution To Your Swiffer



They say confession is good for the soul so I have a confession to make - "I dislike cleaning!"  There I said it - now maybe my house will just clean its self so that I won't have to do it.  

While I certainly don't love it, it has to be done so just like the rest of you - I'll be cleaning my house today and while I don't love it, it will get done with a cheery attitude.  I clean with as little harsh chemicals as possible and all products that I do use are green.

The reason I clean with green products is because I have young children in my house who can be adversely affected by the harsh chemicals in the many cleaning products that are out on the market.  I have found that the "green" products get my house just as clean, if not cleaner, than the non-green products.


I was recently sent an Ultimate Cloth to review and use in my cleaning adventures.  I was so intrigued by this cloth that I immediately began cleaning with it to see if it worked like the company claims.


Ultimate Cloth Claims: (taken from their website)


* No chemicals in the cloth – no chemicals are used from the manufacturing of the fabric through to the finished product *
* The SAME cloth is appropriate for all surfaces
* Eliminates chemicals in homes & businesses - Only WATER is used in cleaning – no chemicals or soaps are needed to cut dirt, grease & grime
* Eliminates 90% of paper towel usage - One step cleaning process of wiping the surface and walking away – NO paper towels needed
* High absorption capacity
* Will not scratch, mar or blur delicate surfaces in homes, businesses or on vehicles
* Cuts cleaning time in half due to its unique attributes of efficiently grabbing dirt and; grime from surfaces and trapping them in the cloth
* Does not lose it’s strength or shape after 100’s of washings
* Long Lasting / Not disposable
* Guaranteed safe for a baby’s skin *
* Can be recycled *
* Will not release emissions or halogeneous substances when incinerated or placed in landfills *



My Thoughts:


1.  Didn't streak when used on windows or my stainless steel kitchen items.  They looked polished and clean after they were cleaned.  I used nothing but my cloth and water!

2.  I used it on everything except my baby's skin and it always did an excellent job.  I did occasionally use it with green chemical cleaners and always made sure I washed it well after each use.  I found that I loved using it on my counters, table, and every other surface as it cleaned better than paper towels and other cloths.

3.  I have washed it many times and it always comes out bright and clean!  I do not wash it in any chemicals and NEVER dry it.  I throw it in my washing machine all by its self with just water and it comes out great.

4.  Larger than any other cloth that I have used!  This cloth is huge and if you get one side dirty, you just turn it over or fold it over to get more cloth to use!  

4.  I have used it in replacement of my Swiffer Wet Jet clothes and it is great!  I had found that Swiffers are expensive and not green at all so I got rid of mine.  When we bought the house, the previous owners left behind a brand new Swiffer and after reading a post about making your Swiffer green, I decided to give it a shot.  When I was sent the Ultimate Cloth, I attached it to the bottom of the Swiffer and used it in replacement of the throw away cloths and found that it not only cleaned better but made my Swiffer frugal and a great way to clean.

I really think that the Ultimate Cloth is a great addition to the cleaning world and I would highly recommend these accessory for anyone that is going to be cleaning and interested in a cleaner, more frugal, green way to get your house spotless.

I reviewed one cloth and found that really you need more than one to be able to use this cloth as your only way of cleaning.  You can purchase your cloth from the Ultimate Cloth website.  They have some great deals and discounts on their cleaning products. 

Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this product. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the Ultimate Cloth was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review. 

1 comments:

Simply Being Mommy said...

I've been reading many positive reviews of these cloths. I may have to try them out.

Thanks for the review.