Winner - #146 - Miss BeezOn Friday, we received Air Bud: Golden Receiver to review and Gracie was thrilled! Puppy movies are her number one favorite movies right now and since daddy likes football so much, this movie was a hit.
Synopsis: This time out, Buddy, the hoop-shooting, hotshot canine, tackles a new sport—football. When his teenage owner reluctantly becomes the school’s new quarterback, Buddy catches the spirit and joins the team. Soon, the two find themselves leading the Timberwolves to the state championship. But victory hopes are sidelined when two sinister Russian circus owners take a bite out of everyone’s plans and dognap Buddy for their star attraction.
My Opinion: This family friendly movie was a nice reprieve from the cartoons that we often watch together as a family. I loved that this non-cartoony movie was perfect for my toddler but also entertaining enough to have mommy and daddy laughing too. Given the choice, I probably wouldn't choose this movie for my viewing pleasure but for my daughter it was perfect!
I think this movie is a fun way to introduce a young child to football and a great way to prepare for the Super Bowl. Gracie doesn't have a clue about football, super bowl, and all those crazy things that fans do (and frankly I think she could care less) but since we will be watching the Super Bowl after church is over on Sunday night, it was a fun way to prepare for it.
I did find the movie a little long for a toddler but it is the perfect length for an older child. Air Bud: Golden Receiver releases today so you can pick it up at your local store or online at Amazon.com.
Disney is generously offering to give one of my readers their own copy of this fun movie!
1. Leave me a comment telling me who you are rooting for to win this year's Super Bowl. (Leave nice comments about the opposing team, please. I know how you fans can be :-)) Be sure to leave me your email address as well. Do this one first!
2. Become a follower of this blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you follow. This will be verified.
3. Subscribe to this blog by email. Leave me a comment letting me know you did so. This will be verified.
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Please leave a comment with your twitter name letting me know you did so.
5. Become a fan of Money Saving Tips for a Keeper at Home on Facebook. Please leave a comment along with your facebook name letting me know you did so.
This giveaway ends February 5, 2010 and is open to US residents only. Make sure that you leave your email address in each comment. Leave a separate comment for every entry that you make so that these will count for you! Have fun and I look forward to announcing the winners of this great giveaway!
Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this movie. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the Disney was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review.