Amelia DVD Review


From the time I was a little girl, I admired Amelia Earhart.  I admired her tenacity to do something no other woman I done.  As a girl, I wanted to be like her but even more I wanted so badly to know what happened to her on that fateful day when she just disappeared.

When I had the opportunity to review Amelia, I was pretty excited.  I really didn't know much about her life so I was thrilled to know more about her.

Synopsis:  Experience the romance, struggle and triumph of legendary aviatrix Amelia Earhart as she chases love and lives her dreams in Amelia, landing on Bluray Disc with Digital Copy and DVD February 2 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.  Hailed as “The Queen of the Air,” Amelia boldly flew into the annals of history with her solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean. Bound by ambition and love, her enduring marriage to George Putnam could not be broken by her determination to fly, or a secret passionate affair. Equal parts gripping drama, stirring romance and epic adventure, Amelia will take your breath away and send your spirit soaring!

My Opinion:  I was totally surprised about Amelia's life.  I had no idea the "loose" life that Amelia had led up until just days before her disappearance.  Parts of my childhood love for Amelia was stripped away with the truth but at the same time, it was fascinating to find out about the "real Amelia."  This movie portrayed Amelia's adventures still as being exciting and totally revolutionary for her day.  This movie was well done, I believe, in aspects of the life that Amelia led. 

This movie is not for children.  The life that Amelia led is not the best thing for children to see.  The movie had very little language that you had to watch for.  It does have a brief part where a bit of Amelia's affair is shown - no nudity. 

I also had the opportunity to watch the special features on the Blu-ray edition and especially loved the "Making of Amelia".  My husband is big into the special features of movies so he was quite taken with the many special features that the Blu-ray copy had to offer. "The Plane Behind the Legend" and "Re-constructing the Planes of Amelia" are exclusive to the Blu-ray edition and these two features were really quite neat to see.  They really helped to tie together the movie and more of Amelia's life. 

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed Amelia and would recommend it as an eye opening view into the life of Amelia Earhart.  It will show you how human we can be but also shows how loving and forgiving her husband was during her time of infidelity. 

You can purchase the Amelia Blu-Ray Edition from Amazon.com for $24.99 or Amelia DVD edition for $17.99.


Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this movie. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the Fox Home Entertainment was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review.