I absolutely dread the flu bug and do my best to avoid it. About three weeks, the flu bug hit our house hard. By the end of the first week, Gracie had a double ear infection and horrible stomach issues. A week and half later, Gabriel had a double ear infection, mommy was sick, and Gracie wasn't getting any better.
It was antibiotics for all of us. I dread antibiotics because I know what it does to my entire family. I have always known to take probiotics for myself but I couldn't find anything to offer my children especially my 8 month old.
The day after my daughter came home with antibiotics, I was told that I was reviewing BioGaia probiotics for children, I couldn't think of any better timing.
The first thing, I pulled out was the BioGaia Probiotic Straws. I was just thrilled because the drop of probiotics are in the center of the straw and as your child drinks their juice, they get the probiotic. Gracie loves straws so this was wonderful to use. Since we have been on the road, this has been the fastest and easiest way to make sure she gets the probiotics that she needs.
The straws are the perfect size for a juice box but also work great in any drink that you would give a toddler. I can throw the box in my purse and pull it out whenever I need it. The only problem with these straws is limiting them to one day for your child. My toddler loves her straws and is asking all day for one.
With Gabriel, I promptly pulled out the BioGaia Probiotic drops. These are known for helping with colic and I so wish I known this when Gabriel was first born. With the drops, you turned the bottle upside down and give baby 5 drops a day. Gabriel loved them - the only problem I had with them was getting the drops in his mouth. The little dropper is inside the bottle and because the bottle is shiny, Gabriel loves to reach for it. I would love to see this bottle made to be a little easier to give them to a tiny baby.
The last product we were sent were the BioGaia Probiotic chewable tablets. Gracie, my husband, and I all tried these and they were fantastic. Gracie thinks they are candy so we have to keep them hidden from her. I thought they would be unbearable in flavor but they were great and super easy for me to take each day.
I am thrilled with BioGaia Probiotics and how they have worked so hard to make it easy for parents to give these important probiotics to their children. If you have a child with constipation, colic, or other tummy issues, I highly recommend trying BioGaia. Also if you give your child antibiotics, giving your child probiotics is so important to build the good bacteria back up again.
Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this product. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the BioGaia was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review.
BioGaia has generously offered to give one of my readers their choice of any of the above probiotics to try!
1. Let me know which BioGaia product that you would love to try. This will be the product that you receive. Do this one first!
2. Become a follower of this blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you follow. This will be verified.
3. Subscribe to this blog by email. Leave me a comment letting me know you did so. This will be verified.
4. Grab my button (found in the sidebar) and post it on your blog. This must be up when the giveaway closes.
5. Leave a comment on another one of my posts - must be a nongiveaway post. Leave a comment with which post you commented on.
6. Follow me and BioGaia on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Please leave a comment with your twitter name letting me know you did so.
7. Become a fan of Empowering Mommy and BioGaia on Facebook and share that you entered as your status update. Please leave a comment along with your facebook name letting me know you did so.
This giveaway ends April 13, 2010 and is open to the US only. Make sure that you leave your email address in each comment. Leave a separate comment for every entry that you make so that these will count for you! Have fun and I look forward to announcing the winners of this great giveaway!