Old Dogs Review


I am always on the lookout for a movie that has good clean fun for the whole family.  We look for movies that the little people in our family can enjoy as well as the big people.  When I revieiwed Old Dogs, I had concept in mind as the jacket clearly states - "Fun for the Whole Family."

Synopsis:  Dan (Robin Williams) and his best friend and business partner Charlie (John Travolta) are on the verge of the biggest deal in the history of their sports marketing firm when their lives are turned upside down by a surprise visit from Dan’s ex-wife Vicki (Kelly Preston). Vicki has big news for Dan—their ever-so-brief liaison produced twins Zach (Conner Rayburn) and Emily (Ella Bleu Travolta), now seven-years-old and in need of a dad to keep an eye on them for two weeks. With only high-living playboy Charlie for support, Dan’s bumbling attempts at “on the job training” in fatherhood result in a series of disastrously funny exploits that lead him to a new understanding of what really matters in life. Featuring an extraordinary cast of comedy purebreds including Seth Green, Matt Dillon and Lori Loughlin, Old Dogs will have audiences rolling over and begging for more.

My Opinion:  This movie was hilarious and almost too much at times. This would not have been my favorite kind of movie as the comedy bordered on just plain dumb at times.  However, the last time I said that about a movie, my brother thought it was great.  My husband who also viewed it with me found that the majority of the humor was over the top but towards the end, he was glued and dying of laughter.  The movie has a sweet story of a father getting to know his children for the first time and the sacrifices he must make to get to know them.

There were times when the humor was not appropriate for young children and they might question what the actors were talking about.  Overall my husband and I would give this movie a B rating.  He would probably watch again but I don't know as I would have my two year old watch it. 

You can purchase Old Dogs - 3 Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Includes DVD + Digital Copy) from Amazon.com or any local store that carries DVDs.

Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this product. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the Disney was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review. 

0 comments: