Winner #55 - Donna
Winner # 37 - LKnottKaren Kingsbury has always been a favorite author of mine. She can draw you into a book and keep you there until the end of the book. It is very much like her characters have a life of their own and while she is the author, there are times it feels like the characters are doing the writing.
Take Three is the third book in the Above the Line series. While I think all of Karen's books are great, I truly believe that this one captured her heart. Take Three takes some unexpected turns as the Chase Ryan removes himself from Jeremiah Productions and leaves the entire thing in the capable hands of Keith Ellison. However, Keith's daughter Andi is on the verge of making a decision that could ruin her life forever. Keith struggles to connect with his daughter and to keep from losing her while still working on the film that he believes the Lord has called him to.
I was drawn into the book immediately and cried with Andi as she struggled. I cheered with Bailey Flanigan as she made some tough but wonderful decisions. I absolutely loved Take Three and it is definitely on my shelf for a second read sometime down the line.
If you have not read any of the Above the Line books by Karen Kingsbury, I highly recommend them. While these books take a look into two Christian producers trying to break into Hollywood with wholesome, inspirational movies; these books also capture the real life struggles that normal people deal with on a daily basis. These books are inspiring, thought provoking, and life changing as they bring you challenges through the fictional lives of her characters.
You can purchase Above the Line or Take Three at Amazon or just about anywhere books are sold.
Zondervan has generously allowed me to give away 2 Advanced Reader copies of Take Three to two of my readers.
1. Leave a comment letting me know your favorite book of all time. Do this one first!
2. Become a follower of this blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you follow. This will be verified.
3. Subscribe to this blog by email. Leave me a comment letting me know you did so. This will be verified.
4. Grab my button (found in the sidebar) and post it on your blog. This must be up when the giveaway closes.
5. Leave a comment on another one of my posts - must be a nongiveaway post. Leave a comment with which post you commented on. If entering many different giveaways, it must be a different post for each giveaway.
6. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Please leave a comment with your twitter name letting me know you did so.
7. Become a fan of Empowering Mommy on Facebook and share that you entered as your status update. Please leave a comment along with your facebook name letting me know you did so.
This giveaway ends April 11, 2010 and is open to the US only. Make sure that you leave your email address in each comment. Leave a separate comment for every entry that you make so that these will count for you! Have fun and I look forward to announcing the winners of this great giveaway!
Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of this product. You may or may not agree with my opinion. I was sent product free of charge to review. No one from the Zondervan was involved in the writing of this post. I was not paid to write this review.