1. Eel Soup - I went to a Japanese restaurant with several friends (while I was still single) and no one wanted to try the eclectic things on the list. I am not afraid to try new things so I gave it a try. While it was strange looking, it was actually quite good.
2. Toad in the Hole - I think the name is stranger than the actual food. I have quite a few relatives that live in England because that was where my mom was born and raised. I was also born there so when I go back there, I have the opportunity to try many yummy but eclectic sounding dishes.
3. Raw Calamari - my Uncle Sean dared me to eat this with him when we were in Brighton, England. Always up for the challenge - I tried it. It was bad but I had braces on so I literally chewed the calamari for hours as it is very much like a rubber band and kept getting stuck in my braces.
4. Beans on Toast - another very yummy while not so good sounding English dish.
5. French Fries in Mayonnaise - this is delicious. If you haven't tried, you really should but it must be Real Mayonnaise.
6. Ants - my dad came back from Survival School with the Air Force and taught us bugs can actually be eaten when you are starving. He dared me to try one and I never turn done a dare. (Just so you know, if you are thinking of daring me to do something - I am now a mother. It is not wimpy or weak of me to turn them down.) Ants really aren't that bad.
Do you have any strange or exotic foods that you have tried?